Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Inspiration

I love the blog Whatever.  Meg kind of summarizes what I've been striving for the last couple of weeks.  Ignoring the negative, focusing on the positive, and even letting go of some of those people who may be more of an anchor than a motor.  It's been good stuff lately.  This is from Meg's blog:

"at the end of the day....i just want to glorify God.
    in my words, in my photos, in my home, in my relationships and definitely on my blog....every day.
    and that is a work in progress.
    it's a journey.
    i still mess up a lot.
    i still react poorly sometimes often....i am normal.
    but i am here in to serve God with JOY and do my best every day to let His Light shine through me."

One verse that keeps repeating itself OVER and OVER and OVER again in my life is Matthew 5:16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven"

It was my confirmation verse, and is painted right outside my classroom door.  Even before that, my cheesy senior year quote by the great lyricist Jason Mraz was "You can turn of the sun, but I'm still gonna shine"  I never really paid very close attention to Matthew 5:16 until this year, and in all honesty I think God's trying to tell me something, and it has to do with shining.  I have absolutely no clue what else he wants me to do, but I'm going to try to shine much as possible for Him, however dorky and sappy that may sound.  




No comments:

Post a Comment