Saturday, March 23, 2013

Nights like these

There are nights like these when you just know that a higher power is working and moving and wanting you to take notice.  For me, I usually can feel God working through being silent and observing, through prayer, and through music.

Tonight, as I was grading some highly overdue essays, I was able to enjoy a band called Market Junction.  Amazing.  Before that, I went back to my old favorite, NEEDTOBREATHE.  How more people haven't fallen in love with this band is beyond me.  They speak to my heart every single time.  Their new song "Difference Maker" is one that is moving me right now.

I get egotistical sometimes, and I think that am the one making a difference in my students' lives.  I'm not.  God is.  God is USING me as his instrument, and allowing me to be there for HIS students when HE needs me to be.

There are times when I get frustrated with the system.  I get frustrated that there are politics at a Christian school, and I get frustrated that I'm not always patted on the back for things I do.  But, honestly the world owes me nothing.  I am nothing.  I am less so HE is more.  I need to remind myself of that from time to time.  I'm not working for the system, or for other people.  I don't need the accolades or attention.  I need a Savior who loves me.  I need a Savior who is willing to use me for the broken mess, full of mistakes, person that I am. Here's the song that I'm holding close to my heart right now.  Difference Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment