Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I did it again!

So, about a few weeks after I took Jason and Jessica's pictures.  I took these:






They are still unedited, and these are just the first few that I shot, but I feel like they turned out well.  I'm proud of this session.  There are many more pictures where these came from, and some of them melt my heart and I thank God I got the shot.  Also, my awesome, amazing, wonderful husband bought a photography class for me on Groupon IN THE HEIGHTS no less!  My favorite place in Houston!  Can I just say it now?  I kind of, sort of, want to be a photographer.  I feel like such a 5th grader.  "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  A PHOTOGRAPHER!  Only I'm 26.  And I'm a teacher.  Here's what I'm thinking...

1.  Keep teaching, take more photography classes this year.  Possibly a summer course at the local college this summer?

2.  Next year, take more photography classes.  Book my first paying gig (if I can).  If you are a stranger reading this blog..$100 and I am your own personal photographer for as long as you'd like!  Nothing creepy or weird.  I'm not that kind of photographer.  Family, baby, maternity, engagement, or couples only please. 

3.  The year after that, take more classes, book a solid number of sessions.  Maybe set up a real life website?  Make a portfolio?  Save my $$$

4.  30 years old.  Milestone.  Time to see if I'm going to stick with the teaching, or maybe go the photography route.  My biggest fear is having a child and not being there for them.  Maybe if I did photography, and worked from home I could do both?  Take care of my baby(ies) and still help John with the bills?  *Bonus* it's something I love to do.  Right now I don't know if God is nudging me towards this and to jump in with both feet, or to just stick it out with teaching. 

I don't know if I'm crazy or not.  Maybe this will work out, maybe not, but it can't hurt to try right?


No comments:

Post a Comment